Saturday 5 October 2013

I might be just like you!


3.

The world around me is moving too fast. My hands are stretched out. I need to catch up but I keep falling back. I’m losing the purpose of my existence. There is me and there is the me that lives on my desires. I don’t know how much of the things I’ve been through really matter. Did I find myself doing those things because they were right for me or because it’s all written? Each day a thousand questions flood my straying thoughts. I want to live in my own world; a world where there is me and only me with all the things I love. That could be just one place, heaven! No matter how hard I try I still don’t feel like I deserve my desires.

To the lips that bark at me and the lips that wag at my back and the lips that spit praises of me; I’m no more than a struggling young man, I don’t confirm the rumours about me and I won’t accept the praises... all I can do is smile and keep my secrets to myself.

To the eyes that claim to see the other side of me; I’m no three dimensional image...


So just watch, just look, for I might be just like you...  

No comments:

Post a Comment