Tuesday 1 October 2013

footsteps and the shadows...



2.
Footsteps and the shadows that evade my straying thoughts, darkness and the childhood I keep having nightmares about... alone; that’s what we are but that’s what I was. I look ahead hoping I see us walking like we used to. Is there something I did wrong? Or is fate telling me there can’t be a you when I wake up? My love for the black angels and the widow who was white; are there questions I’ve refused to answer? I will say what I can, I fear no one besides the Merciful Creator and if there should be fear of the created then the heart is dripping with soot.

I’m weak; there are no doubts to the frailty of the stick that stands alone. Maybe I’m that stick that can bend to both ends without being split into two pieces. I’m here and I’m there but my wish is that I drop dead with a bullet through the heart I allowed to sin. My wish is that I drop dead for Allah’s sake. What else is better than selling your life for the bliss of the hereafter?

I don’t fear you, No! I can’t fear the man who worships the desires of Allah’s enemies. Cages will only make me like Yusif and bullets will only make me like the men that bled on Badr. Now tell me who the loser is.

Footsteps towards my dream and the shadows that merely darken the path I tread...


Alhamdulilah!       

No comments:

Post a Comment