Saturday 5 October 2013

All i could say

 

Riddles on my mind, questions for the lady who stole my thoughts
when she spoke...
My mind went Deeper than the depth of the squirrel’s hole
But most shallow were my actions when she spoke...
I didn’t stare at her for too long
I didn’t have to raise my head to watch in admiration
For her voice drew the most detailed images in my mind...
And when I had the chance to tell her how much of a fool her voice turned me into
All I could say was “I love your voice, you have a beautiful voice...”
Words of the coward in me to the stranger that stole my mind...

I doubt her voice will cease to plunge me into the abyss of tomfoolery
But I can pretend that this stranger means no more than a painting at the gallery
The big lies I tell myself...
Whoever believed there existed an elf
Or elves and the whole Santa story!
If she is a lie I’m bound to live
Then my thoughts I will give!
To the paintings her voice creates in my thoughts;
I will be the millionaire collector
But like a convicted debtor
I will keep my distance...

No comments:

Post a Comment