Thursday 10 December 2015

To the Man That Died

To the man that died;
Here's what you left behind
It's all here
The glitter… the clothes… the rides
While the the dust of the earth envelops you.

It’s all here;
The mother you feared leaving,
The wife whose warmth kept you negligent
While what you were unsure of embraces you now
What did you send forth?
You obeyed the ayaat of your parents and disobeyed the ayaat of Allah.

Oh wretched soul!
What does the dust feel like?
Has the earth given you its squeeze?
Tell me what you found…

We are the men we are because of our beliefs
How else can we be anything else
Besides a reflection of our hearts
And its desires

Sometimes I imagine myself being
The person you raised me to be
But everyone that knew me well
Had one fear

That fear became a reality
That fear was what I secretly yearned for,

You saw a pit of fire
And I saw life,
You saw an old broken pot
And I saw a pot of gold.

Here's what I found to be the truth;
I found brothers who fell on the battlefields with their blood smelling of musk,
I found brothers whose corpses smiled like they were alive,
I found a group that stubbornly stick to Quran and sunnah,
I found the terrifying pleasure of the fronts,
I found the smell of death pleasing
And I found the promise of Allah to be true... 


You either die a coward
Or die like a man
Whose soul is restless until the shariah of Allah is applied
Or whose soul soars to its Lord while He's pleased.

Here's what I found to be the truth
You won't understand
But I am what I've always wanted to be

This life is beautiful...

I swear by Allah
That a bullet through my heart is what I await
I swear by Allah
That an airstrike tearing my body apart is what I await
When my lord is pleased with my efforts
He'll give me one of the two ends.

But what I pray for
Is the courage to blow myself up in the midst of the enemy
And I know this is another fear you have
So I know my Lord will put the courage in my heart soon

To the man that died
And to his likes still alive;
Will you not reason?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Badhan. Twumasi here. Been a while. Just wondering how you're doing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Badhan. It doesn't have to be like this. Allah is peace and love. We love you. Please come back please

    ReplyDelete