Thursday 10 April 2014

these words that i wrote...





Voices down the alley
Voices behind the ears I had
A second thought
And then silence pervaded
Not from behind my ears
But down the alley
That I once took lonely walks on

Memories of the man I was
Clash with the man I am
I’m torn between then and now
The middle path is only a temporal thought

I’m the thorn between the paws of the beast
And the earth that gave me comfort…
I didn’t intend to be the reason why
The beast bled
And destroyed the tender plumules
That greened the dusty bare earth.

A thousand more reasons
Why the tree must shed off leaves
And the one reason why
A well pruned tree grows well

Gaze set on the horizon;
The nothingness of today
And the false hope that
A tomorrow here might be better…

Bump…
Up and down
Like the head of the domestic lizard.
Thoughts of when
I helplessly watched lizards
Murdered by my sadistic elementary school mates

But her smile evades my thoughts,
Then the shy look in her eyes.
The clouds boast of beauty too
Though our eyes only reach the horizon

Back and forth
Like a tennis ball
Who we are today
And who we might be tomorrow
Are two different images
In the same frame…

I’ve no better words
Or no more thoughts
Than the one that reads
These words that I wrote
While journeying to the highest peak…  


No comments:

Post a Comment