Friday 30 August 2013

You think I'm scared...

 

A breeze with a thousand words
My eyes are weakened by tears
And my bare scalp; a mere spectacle
The feel of ink on paper
The disposition of a forlorn poet...

Lost in the times I thought we shared
Found in the hope that it isn’t over after all
The wind carries far sounds to my inquisitive ears
A million reasons for the oppressed to take up arms
The man who stands up to the oppressor is like a bird...

Like the hawk I’ve always loved
Or like the cold blooded black beauty that caressed my foot.
I’m a man wandering in the emptiness of my heart.
I’m torn in between the fleeting and the eternal
Let the soil in my mother’s garden decide...

As much as there is hope, there is fear;
Hope begets fear.
If I grow my beard it’s because I belong; the expected gong!
The obstinate desire to be amongst those foremost in faith
So let’s take a third look at why we are here.

It’s cold,
The clouds look heavy,
No stars to wonder at,
A heart filled with faith,
And the hope that my fear
Leads me back to you...

If you thought Jenin was the only reason to cry
Then Arakaan and Gujarat
Are just two more out of hundreds...
Again the Zionists blind us with dust...
Those who sit and watch passively are like the cattle
That tread the footpaths of the Fouta Djallon...

The darkness of my heart,
And the light in the horizon.
I’ve walked the thousandth mile,
And still I wonder when I shall reach
The standards set by the man who split the moon
Allah knows best...

I’m just a slave who ended with a period.
Or two..
 so you thought i got scared after the third period...


No comments:

Post a Comment