Wednesday 13 February 2013

Snakes in my Closet


 
There are snakes in my closet

I can’t change my clothes

So I change my shoes

Then I walk the talk of the Lao Tsu monks

And talk the walk of the Tableegh

 

A million miles

Crossing the smiles

Of the bank of the Nile

 

A thousand miles

And oh there comes Alidu’s bile

Dreadful of the foreseen act so vile

 

And still I boast

Of how all the Marabous of West Africa

Wonder at the meaning of my words...

 

Perhaps the intricacy of the unseen

Knows no place in my thoughts

Perhaps the depth of the spirits unseen

Are shallow pits in my world

 

The talking drum of the Wulomei

I see feet dispersing dust

I see priestesses clad in charms

Moving to the rythm of the beats...

I am in a trance

 

Snakes in my shoes

Then I shall walk barefooted

 Cracked feet...

 

Why call Obama black

When he is equally white?

The mind of the African has been beaten by elementary biology!

 

If I announce my hunger

I shall die of starvation

But if I sweat

I shall eat

There is reward after toil

 

And then there was a period.

.

.

.

and several others...

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment